View Single Post
Old 09-02-2006, 02:01 AM   #14
MyTrixie143
Mom to 6 Beautiful Furkids

I would have to say a golden retriever would be the best. They are intelligent, and have such a gentle nature. Labs are good too but they tend to be more hyper and usually don't grow out of it until they are atleast 3 years old. I also love cockers, they are great dogs. Just meet my Peppi and you will agree. The only thing I would worry about with them is that a child could still hurt them easily since they are not a big dog breed.
I grew up with a golden and hope that I can get another one someday. Best dog we ever had, nicest and smartest dog too. She was kind to everyone and one of the qualities that I admired most about her, is that she could not stand someone being sad or crying. She would always come up to you and comfort you. She also loved children and always had such a gentle nature. Kids could pull her ears, tail, fur, poke or pinch her and she would not even bat an eye. Like I said, best dog I ever had. She died at 13 years old, about 5 years ago. I still think about her and miss her and I look forward to our happy reunion someday.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!