View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 05:06 PM   #7
Pautau422
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie's Mom
My seven-month-old boy still is not sleeping through the night. He starts off in his crate for a few hours and then some nights wakes me up two and three times to go potty (on his piddle pads). He gets quite insistent to be let out of the crate. Usually, around 5 a.m. (or after the last piddle break closest to getting-up time), I bring him in bed with me to snuggle, which he loves. He usually goes right to sleep once he's in my bed. I wonder if his mutliple piddle-pad trips is just his way of trying to get into my bed quicker -- or could it be that his bladder isn't maturing properly? He always has something to squeeze out. Needless to say, I am sleep-deprived. I put him in his crate around 9:30 p.m. -- should I be keeping him up much later? (The earlier bedtime gives "mom" a much-needed moment of peace to herself!) I'm really at my wits' end. What age should a Yorkie begin sleeping through the night?
The first night that Tyler stayed we put him in his crate and he cried, and neither my hubby nor Tyler slept. The following night we put him in his crate and put the Jazz station(which is on all night), say good night, cover his crate a little and shut off all the lights. He is out of order or at least we think he is.
The past two nights he has been getting up and crying to be let out, but its because he has been drinking water until late and he then needs to potty, but this is going to stop. Besides that he is pretty good, which believe me is amazing and blessing to us.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!