View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 07:05 AM   #4
yorkienewbie
Senior Yorkie Talker

My puppy is almost 7 months old now and until a couple of months ago she used to wake me up 2 or 3 times during the night.Does your puppy sleep in the same room as yours?I used to have my puppy sleep in the crate next to my bed from the first day i got her (at 4 months of age) but then since i was also sleep deprived i decided to move her crate in the living room next to my bedroom,best thing i ever done.At 7 months of age your boy should be able to hold it for many hours. Sometimes ,just to get some good sleep, i used to bring her in bed with me also and she would sleep through the night.Try covering the crate with a blanket or something else and place something of yours in the crate with her or next to it so she can smell your scent.That worked for me!Mine usually goes to bed between 9 and 11 p.m and usually wakes up around 7-7:30.Last night she went to sleep around 8 pm and she still woke up at 7:30a.m! How much time does he spends sleeping during the day?When you're home try to keep him busy:take him out for walks, play with him etc....If he's tired he'll sleep through the night! Also, when he whines and cries say "Shhhh" and ignore him and don't let him drink any water 1/or better 2 hours before bedtime and make sure he relieves himself before going to bed.Hope i helped a little.
yorkienewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!