View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 11:06 AM   #14
RLC12345678
I heart Hootie & Hobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by vainchick5
Yes, we are thinking around the beginning of the year. I want to get a male, because I feel it compliments females better. Plus I want a mommys boy since Coco is a daddys girl I just think boys are so cute but originally I just wanted a girl. I love my girl and don't want to bring another girl to overpower or dominate over Coco (Coco is so submissive). I think Coco is more daring and fun when boys are around. I have a couple of friends with boy yorkies and they are not that good with pottying (lifting legs, and not pottying in the right spots a lot of times). But I wasn't sure if that w as because of the owners or the gender. So I wanted to get a feel for that. I would get my boy neutered by 3-4 months, to avoid lifting the leg. I think by watching Coco he will probably learn as well. Do you think? Please keep the experiences coming, it's really helping me decide and learn.
Nobella, I felt the EXACT same way about little boy dogs before I got Hobbs. I REALLY REALLY wanted a yorkie, but hubby told me that the only way he would get a yorkie was if we got a boy. I've never had a boy dog or been around boy dogs before so I was somewhat apprehensive. I was nervous about the whole lifting the leg thing, humping, "red rockets," ect. But all my feelings changed once I finally got my boy. He is the most loving, affectionate little man I've ever met! He is so cuddly and sweet. Like I said earlier, he squats to pee and always has, never got a "red rocket" after being neutered, tried to hump a little before we got him neutered but hasn't tried to hump anything since, ect. I have always heard that female yorkies LOVE you, but male yorkies are IN LOVE with you. This is DEFINATELY how my 2 are. I don't think you can find a better pet than a male yorkie that is neutered early. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Hootie, but she is just different from Hobbs, but not in a bad way. Does anyone else know what I mean?

Just wanted to add, if you couldn't already tell from my post, Hobbs is DEFINATELY a mama's boy...and Hootie is a daddy's girl.
RLC12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!