View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 10:20 AM   #7
RLC12345678
I heart Hootie & Hobbs

Ok, I probably have the BEST pair to use as a comparison because they are full brother and sister (from the exact same parents). First of all, we train to go outside...we've never used the pee pads and have never tried them. My boy Hobbs, he's the oldest, he was a BREEZE to potty train!!!! I think it has so much to do with the fact that he is so loving and very very eager to please. He is not stubborn at all! If he gets in trouble, he is very upset about it. We got him when he was 8 weeks old and he was 100% potty trained (runs to the door whenever he had to potty) by the time he was around 14 weeks old. He does not lift his leg to pee and he has never lifted his leg to pee. He squats to pee. He was neutered when he was 5.5 months old and he currently weighs 3 lbs and is 11 months old. We crate trained Hobbs, but he was never crated when we were at home. We just never let him out of our sight.

Now, my little girl, Hootie, she is also doing well with her potty training. But, she is just not catching on as quickly as Hobbs did. I think she gets that she is not supposed to pee in the house, but she always sneaks off to poop somewhere hidden. We are trying to break her of this by keeping a very close eye on her. Even though she does not pee in the house, she does not run to the door if she has to go...I just have to "guess" and take her outside if I think she has to go potty. Whenever she DOES get in trouble for pooping inside, it seems like she doesn't really care as much as Hobbs does when he gets in trouble. She seems more stubborn. Hootie is only 4 months old (almost) and 2 lbs., so she is still young. I have a really good feeling that she will have the hang of the whole thing very soon. Hootie stays crated when we are not at home and he has never gone potty in her crate. When we are at home, it is harder to keep an eye on her at all times because her and Hobbs like to run around the house playing. It was a lot easier to keep an eye on Hobbs 100% of the time because we only had 1 to keep up with then!

Last edited by RLC12345678; 08-30-2006 at 10:23 AM.
RLC12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!