View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 09:19 AM   #1
doortego
Little Bit & Buttons
Donating Member

Default PA Dept of Tourism Letter re Puppy Mills

Just thought I would post a copy of the email I received from the PA Dept of Tourism after I had emailed them re my concerns in the matter. Will there be something done? I don't know but we can still let them know how we feel about the situation.

Thank you for your email and for your interest in this challenging issue.

Through conversations with the Bureau of Dog Law Enforcement in the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture, it is my understanding that all enforcement steps are being taken given the current authority granted by law; however, Governor Rendell is examining all administrative, regulatory and statutory actions that may be necessary to further address the concerns being raised about this issue.

This recent examination has led to changes. The Pennsylvania Dog Law Advisory Board was dismissed so that a new more effective board could be appointed, the Department of Agriculture has issued draft changes to the existing dog law in Pennsylvania and several other measures are being considered to create the best possible law for governing kennels.

Thank you once again for taking the time to contact the Pennsylvania Tourism Office. I will make sure that Governor Rendell is aware of your email. I will also forward your concerns to the other agencies involved in this matter.

Sincerely,

J. Mickey Rowley

Deputy Secretary Tourism
doortego is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!