View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 06:09 AM   #5
Kathryn_V
Out to Spoil the World!
Donating Member

My first husband went to Cal State Long Beach so I spent alot of time up there... Its not a bad town at all!! Its the BEACH!!!!

As anyone who lives in a BEACH City can tell you Yes its got its extremes... the homeless.... because the weather is so fricken amazing you can live there even without a home!!! and the uber rich, those are the folk who own the land along the beach! lol Its pricy to live in a beach city mainly due to the RENT AND HOUSING COSTS! But if thats paid.... You are daft if you don't go and live it up while it lasts! No offence intended... Parents are parents, I would not want my child running off to earthquake country either, and I would do all I could to talk them out of it, Mostly cause I would miss them like crazy!!! So take it with a grain of salt and make your own choice, mom and dad will get over it! You have only this one go around... make the most of it!! Everyone should live at the beach at least once!

And as far as those earthquakes go.... every state/area has its natural disaster threat.... the earthquakes are not all that bad.... I've been through a ton of them... if the big on hits... thats another story.... but if a nuclear bomb hits that too is another story, or if the sun falls out of the sky, or if we had another ice age, or the whole global warming killed all of our plants!!! Wow, now that would be something!!! lol I used to lose sleep worrying about the "Big one" but its silly... it may not happen in my life time... it may happen as I'm typing... me worrying about it will not make it happen any sooner or later... so I gave up... Thank god its not hurricanes or tornados!! they happen alot more often!!!

GO GO GO GO GO!!!!!! And then invite me out, I'm only 2.5 hours away!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!