View Single Post
Old 08-29-2006, 05:25 PM   #1
RascalLucy
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default What made my dog stop barking

I tried everything, but found this by accident. I tried it all. From small shock collars, coins in a can, treats, positive training, spray water in the face, citronella spray, correct and redirect, bitter apple in mouth, and more. If Lucy heard a bark across the canyon she saw it as an invitation to join in the fun. She barked at dogs on our walks and would somtimes growl. She is a sweet girl with only one flaw, and she is very smart. One day she heard a dog barking and started to bark along. I had had enough. I rolled up a magazine and hit it hard on the coffee table. She stopped dead in her tracks and looked at me. Not a peep. The rest of the day I carried the magazine or newspaper with me. If she barked I hit it against something loudly. Five days later I have the sweetest, most obedient, non-barking dog. She uses her stroller now, I can take her to lunch with me, she is not barking at other dogs. She is perfect! If you try this let me know the results. I don't know if this works for them all, or if you have to find the thing your dog hates the most. She is 14 months old and we have been working on this since she was 3 months old. Also, and this is important, she plays fetch each morning and evening to wear her out. Although this is not new for her, I noticed she was barkier if not exercised. Let me know if it works.
RascalLucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!