Thread: Precious....
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2006, 11:39 AM   #3
precious_mom
Yorkie Yakker

Question Precious...

yes, i'm positive of her parents weights. i had them weighed at the Waco Animal Hospital just a few weeks ago. i'm also positive that she weighed only 1.02 at 8 weeks and is certainly not 3 times that size now. did you have her weighed by a vet? their scales are more accurate.

you can never guarantee a dogs weight, but they are generally around their parents sizes. she isn't as big as either her mother or her father right now. in fact, she looks about 1/2 their size...

another thing to consider is her bone structure. she's a very sturdy little dog, which means she will be strong and in better health than a more fragile puppy, but also means she will weigh more even though she's not "bigger" in size.

if your concern is that she's goign to be big, you can restrict her food and not give her treats, snacks, or anything off the table. she's always eaten eukanuba, which is considered to be the best dog food available, but it provides a lot of nutrients and protein. she would probably lose weight with a cheaper dog food.

when i bought my first yorkie, the breeder told me to only give him a small handful of food in my hand every 4 hours or so. she said it would keep them from overeating and getting big. i generally dont follow that with my dogs because i dont feel that undernourishing them is going to make them healthy... size isnt an issue with me.

if you have decided u dont want her because you think she's too big, you can bring her back TODAY and I'll refund your money. i didnt really want to let her go, especially not for $650 as I had her priced at $900 after I had the vet certificate of health, but you seemed like you would provide a better environment for her than I can at this point, since I will be moving in September and cannot keep her inside until I buy a house and that could be several months down the road.

it has been 3 weeks since i had her weighed, i told you that. i was guessing at her weight at around 2 lbs right now. again, if you want a refund, please call and make arrangements tonight.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!