Thread: My Cassie
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2006, 09:59 AM   #1
Meisa
Yorkie Yakker

Default My Cassie

As I read through the post from all of you that have lost a precious baby, I'm crying so much I can hardly type this but hoping this will in some way help me to cope with the lose of my Cassie. Cassie was born on my birthday January 21. My husband bought her for me for our 2nd anniversay June 30, 1990. I always said she was the gift that kept on giving. For 16 1/2 yrs she was in every picture of any family event. With every grandchild, Cassie managed to get into the picture; every Christmas she was running through all the wrappings thrown on the floor and in every video. She was a wonderful traveler and went everywhere with us. She was getting old and I hoped she would go to sleep one day and I would not be forced to make that dreaded decision but that was not to be. Her kidneys and liver were shutting down and she was in such pain I couldn't let her suffer. I held her as the vet gave her the shot. I have cried every day since. I hear her footsteps through the house, I hear her running into the walls when the lights were out as her eyesight had gone. She always slept in our bedroom but the last couple of months she started sleeping in her bed in the livingroom but at night she would come into our room after we had gone to bed like she was checking on us and return to the livingroom to sleep. Sometimes I would swear I feel her standing beside me. I have a new baby but she does not have the personality that Cassie had and I miss that. Thank you for allowing me to share my pain with others that truly understand what it means to lose a precious yorkie. I can't tell everyone this because they don't understand.
Meisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!