View Single Post
Old 08-29-2006, 06:39 AM   #14
Jenn218
Mojo, LilyGrace & Me
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki+2
Turns out poor Lauren isn't going to the dance. Most of the mom's out of her main group of 5 girlfriends decided it wasn't a good idea. The teachers made it pretty clear at open house that it was really for the 7th and 8th graders and that the 8th grade boys WILL approach and flirt with the 6th grade girls. Some of these boys already look like men for crying out loud! I'm relieved because I don't really think they need to be socializing with 8th graders. She was a little bummed but she's going to have a sleepover instead and she'll have something to look forward to next year.
And cool- you're a young mom too! I'm 33 and all of Lauren's friends have always been at least 5 years older than me.
When I went to my daugthers first dance, there were TONS of teachers there (I think ever teacher in the school was there) and tons of parents (not just moms, but dads too). The school had ours divided up 5 & 6 were there the first two hours and then 7 & 8 where there the last two hours. This seemed to help a lot too. There were teachers in the parking lot and at the doors to check everyone as they came in. All the doors where locked except for the main one and someone was posted by the fire exit.

I was nervous about her first dance, but I am glad I went. Course, Katelyn and her friends never knew I was there, but I was always away from them - walking around, talking with other parents/teachers, etc. We did a pizza party afterwards with boys/girls. It was nice!

Sorry, she is missing this dance, but there will be plenty more.......I think for the girls, a sleepover would be more fun anyway! Especially at this age!
Jenn218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!