Thread: Update on Dixie
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2006, 09:58 PM   #1
Momofone
Yorkie Yakker

Cry Update on Dixie

Hi all. This is an update on Dixie from an earlier post from about a week and a half ago.

Things are a bit better with me, but the pain doesn't go away very quick does it? It is amazing the impact that this little one had on my life, just in the 4 months that I had her. She was an amazing dog and will NEVER be forgotten.

So the situation with the breeder is this. I did a little researching and I found that she illegally sold us our dog out of her home without a vendor's license. Also, she has no boarding license, but has 11 dogs in her home at the time. When I called the auditor's office to ask about this, they asked for her address and I started to give it to them and they said "Oh, yes, we are very familiar with her." Supposedly she is also in trouble with the humane society. This BREAKS MY HEART. There have been complaints on her for a few years now. WHY DID I NOT RESEARCH THIS BEFOREHAND? I was so ignorant. I saw those beautiful puppy eyes and fell in love. I bought her no questions asked. I was so so wrong.

Also, the IRS is after her for not paying taxes on all the dogs she has sold. I flipped through my emails from her and found one where she requested for me to pay in CASH. (we paid $1500 for the pup) I didn't though. I wrote her checks, and have copies on the way from the bank.

I sent her an email asking for our carrier back (I don't even know why I want it, but I do.) and she got quite hostile with me (when I have been nothing but nice through this). I quipped back and she ended up calling me a few names. (I have been called worse, but her behavior amazes me)

Frankly, at this point, we have spoken to an attorney. I am not a sue happy person. In fact, I have never ever sued anyone in my lifetime. But the way she has treated us, on top of the illegal practices and then the negligent behavior, we have had enough. We PAID her to watch our dog. She failed us. She failed our daughter. And most importantly, she failed Dixie. I don't want another dog from her, (or anyone else for a while at least), but we are requesting our money back for the dog. (we did give her the option of giving us another dog, but she flat out refused-that is when she started getting testy with us.)

I feel I have to do this. I feel I have to fight-For Dixie. She deserved it. Some people may not agree with me here, and I understand that. I hope though that I will get some support in this, as we are grieving something awful here. My heart feels like it is in a million pieces.
Momofone is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!