View Single Post
Old 08-27-2006, 07:29 AM   #12
Lorraine
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvdorkyyorkies
Boy I have been taught alot in just a few posts!

The icing on the cake would be to pay someone for a quick lesson on yorkie cuts, nothing like hands on experience, and actually watching someone do it.
Sometimes when I read its hard for me to understand the exact concept of what to do. I learn much faster visually.
Maybe I could find someone around me. But if I cant, good ol trail and error will work!
Kelly, now there is a thought, I should dig up someone with a video camera and do a video of pet grooming a Yorkie including a couple of different styles depending on coat etc. Bet the video would sell if it was a good quality one.
Before I took my training, a groomer once described dog grooming as 'sculpting in hair' and really it is.
A talented groomer can make a so so dog of any breed or mix look stunning usually.
But don't feel bad everyone if your efforts aren't quite what you want especially from the start, there are many professional dog groomers that do horrible jobs on Yorkies and you pay for it. At least if your job isn't the best, it is free. LOL
Always remember also the difference between a bad haircut and a not bad haircut is about 3 weeks. Same usually with people haircuts.
Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!