Thread: Help
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2006, 06:08 AM   #2
Superpup
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Use specialty pet store

You can buy Chicken Soup at a private pet supply store. Look in your telephone book under pets. It is not sold in the larger chain stores. You may want to consider using Wellness, as it contains better ingredients and probiotics, and has a full line of foods for all stages of growth and specialty products for allergy dogs and overweight dogs. Wellness puppy is very small kibble.

My guys used Wellness for a while, but then I noticed a lot of itching. I used their Superfive supplement as directed, and after much observation, I think my guys were having a problem with the sweet potatoe ingredient. It's in almost everything they make.

Now, I buy an extremely well-rated super-premium food, Timberwolf Organics Black Forest. Very small bites. They love it. Natural and Holistic. I was too concerned about the dangers of a raw diet, so I also use Innova Evo Red Meat Formula, dry and wet. It is just meat and vitamins, no grains. The itching has stopped, the coats are so shiny, hair grows rapidly, and they are in perfect health, thank God. I limit grains, and supplement fresh, slightly cooked veggies, no starches.

Buying on the net is so easy. Just be sure the site is secure. I use Natural Pet Market, great variety of only super-premium foods, treats, and supplements, and great, fast, personal service; much better than PetFood Direct.

Trying new foods is just a part of being a good Yorkie Mom. As you educate yourself about ingredients and observe your baby, you will know what is best.

Just be sure to gradually change foods over a 7-10 day period to avoid stomach upset. I find that foods with probiotics in them help to avoid any diarrhea.

Good Luck!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!