View Single Post
Old 08-26-2006, 05:47 PM   #5
Lorraine
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvdorkyyorkies
I cant afford to take all my dogs to the groomer regularly so I try to do it myself. The results can be hidious......lol........sometimes it looks okay.
I want to go to a puppy cut on a couple of my girls, in the past I tried scissoring the yorkie all over and it just looked uneven and not very attractive.
I purchased a wahl clipper from ebay it works great but the blade is so dull it chews! Its worthless.
I ordered a #9 clipper blade to replace the old blade. Would this size be appropriate for a puppy cut? I really need to order a book, but I was hopeing someone might know if this was the right or wrong size to purchase.
Thanks!
The #9 is a blade usually used by professional groomers for a cocker head on cockers for pet grooming. It can also be used on cockers for pet grooming on the body.
If you have a wahl you can do two different things. You can buy a #30 blade and get a few snap on combs for it for different lenghts. The #30 is great for ear tips.
You can find blades and snap on combs either at petedge.com or wahl may have a website themselves.
Keep your blade oiled with blade oil, they sometimes will need sharpening but more often than not, need oiling.
Dont worry if the results are not great. I have seen pet Yorkie owners take their Yorkies to a groomer, pay a lot of money for a horrible cut. Not many professional groomers know anything about grooming Yorkies.
Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!