View Single Post
Old 08-26-2006, 05:13 PM   #6
Pattie
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinaPants
Do you think the crate punishment is applicable? I only leave her in there for about 6 minutes. It's weird though, because Alice doesn't even try to take Nina's bones from her! And rarely do I see Alice trying to eat Nina's food. Alice does snatch Nina's toys out of her mouth, but this Nina doesn't respond to at all!

I've learned that crate punishment is not good. The crate is suppose to be a safe & comfy place to be. My sister also told me puppies do not stop tething until after 2 yrs old. Even when they never chewed the wrong thigns as a pup. I have a playpen for my Yorkies (each their own) The 2 playpens are attached but a divider is in between. When I am not home to supervise, they are in the playpen. There are other things in your home you would not want her to be in danger from, not only Alice. Many dogs stay in their crates as well when their owners are not at home, I chose to use playpens because I wanted them to have more room. I also put panels on the top so they can't climb out (which they both did at one time or another). They don't mind being in their playpens, they still have each other for company and I have piece of mind knowing they are safe until my return. Lastly, How do you know she wasn't telling Alice, you better not touch in doggie talk? Maybe she was even though Alice didn't yet...
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!