View Single Post
Old 08-26-2006, 01:31 PM   #1
yorkienewbie
Senior Yorkie Talker

Post sneezing and coughing

Hi,
Hailey has been sick for a month now.It all started after she received her first Bordetella injection.At first she had runny nose and the vet told me it was because of the injection then she started sneezing a lot and so they gave her Torbutrol but then she also started to cough so the vet gave her Cephalexin.Well, that did not work either and the sneezing and coughing was still there so they gave her Clavamox. Yesterday was her first day on Clavamox and i guess she had a reaction to it(she started vomiting ,shaking and whining like she was in pain)so i got worried and called the vet and told me to try to give her Clavamox 2 hour before meals and so far it seems to be ok.Did any of your puppies had a similar reaction to Clavamox?Hailey seems pretty weak though because all she does is sleeping since i gave her this Clavamox.Do you think they have given her too many different medicines?I was thinking maybe i should go to a different vet......Also, i was browsing through the Y.T. forums and i've read that to strenghten her system it's good to give her some VITAMIN C/ E OR ECHINACEA and also some yogurt.Which kind should i get?I hate to be seeing her like this and i want her to be healthy again so i want to help her get stronger.Thank you !
yorkienewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!