Thread: Heartworm Pill
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2006, 07:31 AM   #3
LuvMySadie
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by brilis717
Hi,
I just wanted some advise on heart worm pills. My vet wants me to start giving my 5 month old Yorkie heart worm pills. I wanted to know if most of you give your Yorkie the whole pill. The box said it is for dogs up to 25 pounds. Is it safe to give my Yorkie the whole pill? The vet said yes but I wanted to ask my Yorkie friends first. I am also recently having a problem with him eating. He seems to have become very fussy! Could someone suggest a good food! Are these guys usually fussy? This is my first Yorkie and this breed is very different from what I am use to!
Thanks,
Lisa
Hi. My Pill is called Interceptor. It is for dogs 2 - 10 lbs. Each pill is 2.3mg. It is to prevent heartworm disease, to control adult hookworm infection, and to remove & control adult roundworms and whipworms. It is for adults or puppies. (This is exactly what it says on the box.)

Also, YES yorkies are VERY picky eaters. I have found that out with my Sadie and was glad to hear other YT people talking about it with their yorkies. I ordered millions of samples of different brands of all-natural holistic foods, as well as gotten samples from pet food health stores. She seemed to really like NutriSource. Then I got a sample of Chicken Soup for the Puppy Lover's Soul in the mail the other day. Sadie wolfed it down. And this brand is found in a few more stores than the other brand. So, I think we'll stick with Chicken Soup. Today we just got a sample from Wellness. I've been trying so many different foods. I don't want Sadie thinking she's gonna get a different food all the time. I don't want to get her used to it and become even more pickier. When I put her food down I just sit still there in the kitchen with her and don't look at her. Sometimes she looks at me and waits to see if I'm gonna add something else (something better) to her dish.

I just discovered last night something she loves: ICE CUBES! She loves chasing it, catching it, and chewing on it.... especially as she is teething right now (she is 4 months and has lost at least 3 teeth now).

Hope this helps! Good luck!

LuvMySadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!