View Single Post
Old 08-25-2006, 02:08 AM   #1
MyTrixie143
Mom to 6 Beautiful Furkids

Ip Dog Swim Day!!!!

Does your county or city ever have this??
This sunday is the annual Dog Swim Day. It is held once a year by the humane society at the end of summer. I went last year and it was tons of fun and I will be going this Sunday too.
They have two swimming pools where you get to bring your dog and swim with them and the other dogs. The one pool is a baby pool for beginners or small dogs and it has a really cute baby slide. You can wade it in if you want where the slide it, it is not deep at all even for a little dog, until you get to the other side of the baby pool which is a couple feet deep. The other pool is deep and for the dogs that really love to swim.
They have contests through out the whole day. Some of the contests are: longest and shortest tail, longest ears, smallest and biggest dog, best costume, best trick, owner look a like (where the owner and dog looks most alike) and many other contests.
There is always a huge turnout and it is soooo much fun, everyone there loves their dogs and loves swimming with them.
I am so look forward to Sunday!!! The only downside to it, is that it is $15 per dog. I am already taking three dogs $45 and don't have the money to take the other two. I wish I had $30 more dollars or maybe the will offer a discount. But it is for a good cause and all the money goes to the humane society to help them. And it is so worth the money!!!

So does any other county or town have this???
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!