View Single Post
Old 05-15-2005, 08:40 PM   #1
Shanatink
Mommy to 3 Princesses
Donating Member

Default I am very upset!

My best friend just received(or should I say rescued) a yorkie from this older lady that is a grandmother of someone at my friends church. This lady has been breeding yorkies for 34 years and this was her last dog. She has decided she has had enough. This male yorkie was bought for breeding but apparently he couldnt so he actually had never bred. He is supposedly 3 years old. You should have seen his condition. Never groomed and not potty trained at all. They lady smoked inside and this poor yorkie smelled like an ashtray. His hair was extremely long everywhere and matted- their is no way this poor dog could see, and his nails are the longest nails I have ever seen. They curl wildly. But the worst part is it looks like all his teeth are rotted. And he is only 3! Would this be from the smoke? I have never actually had my dogs teeth cleaned( I will now!) and neither had anyone in my family and we have never had problems. But this poor baby's teeth looked hollow and black! We took him to the groomer, and she was horribly upset by his condition. She thinks all his teeth will have to be pulled. He eats hard food so how can his teeth have gotten this bad? It can't just be neglect. Its so sad. He is a sweet dog. He even cleaned up quite nicely once we got him groomed but I feel so bad for his teeth. We are taking him to the vet tommorrow and hopefully he doesnt have anything else wrong with him. Bless his heart.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!