View Single Post
Old 05-02-2004, 02:46 AM   #11
Higgin's Mom
YT 500 Club Member

Thumbs up

We Casita people sure DO have fun! They are molded fiberglass "eggs" and we lived in ours for 164 straight days this winter! You can see them at http://www.casitatraveltrailers.com

We discovered that the majority of people spending the winter in our favorite RV park have dogs, most of them small dogs. It's a wonderful way to get to know people. And mostly you know them as "Chewy's Mom", "Monty's Dad", etc. One of our camping neighbors is a young woman who is the chihuahua rescue person for the State of Wisconsin. She also has a degree in Canine Behavior Therapy and was a great resource for all of us! She had 5 dogs camping with her, including Henry, the most mannerly and delightful cocker spaniel I have ever met. Kim organized a potluck dinner at their campsite for all the dogs and their owners on our camping loop. We ALL had a wonderful time! One of the reasons we got Higgins when we were camping was the opportunity to get him really socialized with people, dogs, kids and strange places. We live on a dead end little dirt road in Maine so he doesn't get to socialize as much at home. Now he'll be an experienced little camper when we go back there next winter.

But Toto and Higgins will have a playdate long before that, I hope! Patrick (Bettyeanne's hubby) and I still have to eat our way through a big bunch of mudsuckers in Louisiana! Our spouses hate crawfish.......
Higgin's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!