View Single Post
Old 05-15-2005, 06:53 PM   #12
Chelsie1978

Stitches29,peepad training or litter box training is not being lazy at all,infact,not all of us have a garden or some grass near by where our dogs can poop outside so pad or litter box training in some cases is our only resourt.I live in Majorca,a small touristic island with VERY few parks or green areas and hardly anybody here has a house with a garden,here its all blocks of apartments with small balconys on which no one wants their dogs to pee,so I chose pad training.Mine go on their pads when ever they need to and I dont have to worry about taking them out to the main road every couple of hours to pee.I think how you train a yorkie is a personal choice and each person does it how ever it works best for them,it doesnt have to come out of a book.I dont beleive in a schedule as strict as yours because for many reasons,such a strict schedule in my case would be just impossible to keep up with because not one day is the same in my house and I couldent keep up with such a thing (6:45 playtime/7:30 morning nap??..etc..WOW! what if hes not tired? Or wants to play more? Do you carry a stopwatch? 6:45am!!!?? Iv only been in bed 2 hours at that time of the morning! lol).You see,it may work for you and you think that those who pad train are lazy...I personally think your schedule is too strict and too "cold"..each of us are different I wish I did have a garden or a decent place outside where my dog could pee..but I dont

PS:Stitches29,just following that tight tight schedule must be EXAUSTING! Carrying a stopwatch around and making sure your baby gets the exact amount of time for each thing and making sure you have your dinner done and getting showered in the exact time you have whilst your husband is playing with her..wow..it wares me out just thinking about it!

Last edited by Chelsie1978; 05-15-2005 at 07:01 PM.
Chelsie1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!