View Single Post
Old 08-23-2006, 08:08 PM   #38
Pautau422
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieGA
I am new here and grieving the loss of Dexter, our 11 year old Yorkie. His picture is my avatar - it was taken at the vet shortly before he left us for Heaven on July 10, 2006. They had him wrapped in a pink scrub top because of ultrasound gel......he was like me, not a "pink" person......but he always looked good in anything

It has been 6 weeks today and it is so very painful to think about. We rescued Dexter in June of 2001. He had a rough life before us but we showed him love, affection and he was part of our family. We loved him from the moment we saw him. He was a momma's boy - he stuck by me and followed me everywhere. I never knew how much it would hurt to loose him.

Six weeks ago on Saturday he got sick - he seemed to be better Sunday but by Monday morning we knew he needed to see the vet. My husband took him (I had a doctor appt for myself). We have a wonderful vet who told us that he had a mass in his abdomen that had ruptured. He was very, very sick. We knew that it wasn't fair for him to suffer and we wanted him not to hurt or be sick, even if it meant him not being here with us.

We spent time with him and told him how much he was loved, took pictures to have for later, hugged him, kissed him and cried. The after about 30 minutes the vet put him to sleep in my arms. It was the hardest thing I have done but it felt right knowing that he was with me at the time.

This has affected me more than I could have ever imagined - Dexter was my little man - he loved me unconditionally. He slept right next to me every time I was in the bed. He followed me from room to room, even if only for a second.

He was so unselfish and loved deeply - even when he felt bad and probably knew it was his last night with us, he came to my side of the bed during the night as he always did to be picked up and slept with me.

I miss him more than words can say -- thanks for letting me get this out.

We do have another little yorkie (Tye is 3) that we rescued in June of 2005 - he is our son's (12) baby. He sleeps with him, follows him, etc just like Dexter did me.

Thanks again - this is a great place and I look forward to getting to know you all,
Angie,
You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. I will be getting my first yorkie Friday, but I do know the pain of loosing a beloved pet.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!