View Single Post
Old 08-23-2006, 12:32 PM   #8
Rae Rae
YT 3000 Club Member

I feel that way, but with my mom and sister. Anything that I am interested in, my mom criticizes me for it and won't support me at all. But if it's something for my sister, the whole world stops. I honestly feel like my sister is her favorite, and the past year my mom and I have been fighting nonstop because of this. For my bday I wanted a coach purse, and asked her to take me to the Coach OUTLET and let me pick one out. She said no because it was too far (2hrs), yet the next weekend she drove my sister 4hrs for a bowling tournament! And I know money wasn't the issue, because she said "I'll jsut give you the money and you can go yourself"..but I really wanted her to come with me, so we can spend time together. It hurts a lot, but I think it's something I will have to accept.

As for your husband though, I really like JeanieK's idea Maybe try showing no interest in his interests, and let him know how you feel. Other then that I have no advice, I wish I did, but if I did I wouldn't have the same problem with my mom.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!