View Single Post
Old 08-23-2006, 07:53 AM   #39
Julez
Yorkie Yakker

Maybe there are some pit bulls that aren't dangerous, but I don't think it's worth the risk to give them the benefit of the doubt. When they do attack, they can do more damage than other dogs because of their very strong jaws.

There are quite a few people in my neighborhood who walk their dogs without a leash, which I can't understand. Why take the risk of your dog running into the street to be hit by a car, or attacking another dog or person? Last week, two women were walking a big lab without a leash, and as soon as it saw my pup, it ran straight for us. I scooped Dolce up before the dog got to her, so she didn't get hurt. The owner just said, "Oh, she's friendly. Don't worry" while she was trying to get her dog under control. The lab wasn't listening to her at all. I think I'm going to start reporting these people to animal control. It just makes me angry that someone would risk harm coming to their dog or another dog or person, and for what? To demonstrate their control over their dog? Or because they're too lazy to teach their dog to walk properly on a leash?
Julez is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!