View Single Post
Old 08-23-2006, 01:23 AM   #17
MyTrixie143
Mom to 6 Beautiful Furkids

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishawk
When random people think it's OK to come up to you and comment about the appearance of your furbaby. I had a man in Petsmart say to me in passing, "Wow. That's a BIG yorkie!" Why? Because he's healthy and within the breed standard??? Because he isn't 2.5 lbs and in my purse?? (Not there's anything wrong with a purse pooch!) He's a d-o-g DOG!! He's not a toy and he likes to run around outside and play with sticks and has a healthy puppy appetite. I happen to think he's gorgeous and handsome! I wouldn't walk up to someone and say, "Hey, you're kid has big bones!" That's all... just needed to vent.
I totally understand where you are coming from. Scampers in my opinion is not very big, he is 5 pounds, and I still have people commenting and saying he is huge for a yorkie.
5 pounds is not huge and to be honest I love his weight, any smaller and I would be really afraid of him getting hurt. I think people are so use to seeing yorkies that are 2 pounds that when they see a yorkie that is within the standard of 4-7 pounds they think they are huge yorkies. It really gets on my nerves that people can be so rude and ignorant.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!