View Single Post
Old 08-22-2006, 05:59 PM   #13
cindy0721
Always In My Heart
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehunney
This very hard for me to talk about since it is fresh (2 months ago).My landlord stole him and my Pekingese Teddy.My family and I were moving because our landlord was overbearing and scary. He would randomly show up all the time, and let himself in with his key!It was scary!My sister and I lived in a very nice townhouse in a very nice area, but he didn't seem all there upstairs. So after much talk,we decided to move a few weeks earlier then when our lease ended.We found a new place we were going to move into in a few days to a week. We moved our belongings into a friends home and left the furbabes at the old place. It's not the way it sounds. I literally would spend all day there with them(playing with them, feeding them, grooming etc. I work from home so this was no problem) and just went over to my friends home to sleep at night(she lived in the townhomes around the corner). They had there many beds toys and too much food(which is prob. why they were both over weight). We could not bring the puppies to her home because she abhores dogs, and gets sick even being around them. Nut's I know .So I left them after being with them from 8 in the morning until 7:30pm, and went to my friends home. I went back that same night with my sister around 10:00 pm to check on them/play wth them. When we came back the locks were changed and we heard no barking inside. We immediatly called 911 and they connected us to our local animal control officer. They drove out to us and told us, if our landlord had them, to call him and they would go with us to get them and help us file charges against our landlord. It was almost 2 weeks before I could get him(our landlord). I didn't even have his correct number, the one listed in the phone book, and the one he had given us was incorrect, and we did not have his address, and did not now where he lived.I felt completely helpless. The police couldn't help us since no one had his address or correct phone number. The police completely blew us off to be honest with you. I called several times a day and they insisted there was nothing they could do. We called animal control and they couldn't help us eitheir since they had no way to contact him. He then finally called my family, 2 weeks later and told us he had them and he would call us back to give us his address, so we could pick them up. He then called back an hour later and told me he lied and had dropped them off at the local shelter the day after he took them. I immediatly called the shelter and they told me my landlord dropped them off 2 weeks ago and said he found them and they were abandoned, so they adopted them out together a few days before to another family. I let her know they were NOT abandoned (give me a break! they were both well feed, had bows in there hair, gucci print collars on at the time, and were wearing cable knit sweaters! Plus My pekingese is show quality, and we keep his coat long, and groomed. Also, Tuckers hair was kept long, and he always wore a topknot with a bow. These are obvious indications they were not abandoned.) they were stolen from me, and I had been desperatly searching for them!She then told me legally she could not give me the contact info, of the people who adopted them. So I'm in the middle of pressing charges against my landlord for theft and against the shelter. I had the pekingese since I was 15 and I'm now almost 21, and my Tucker was a present from my boyfriend.These dogs were my children. My landlord did this becasue he was upset we broke our lease. I'm completely devestated.I'v already lost 12 pounds from the stress alone in the past month.
OMG why dont you call your local news station and everyone and anyone you can get a hold of .... your mayor..... anyone ? Shoot I would be raising hell! Calling radio stations .... putting up ads in the paper ... flyers ...etc.....anything I can do to help you count on it this is not right!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!