View Single Post
Old 05-15-2005, 01:04 AM   #7
Kate
YT 500 Club Member

I hve had my 3 year old for three weeks. I have a tri-level home, and no fence so I must take her out about every three hours. No problem now, as I love yard work.

But, in those three weeks I had to be gone for 4 hours, so I put her in the laundry room thinking it would be cruel to crate her as I know her little bladder probably could not hold out until I returned. From what little I know, dogs don't go potty in their crates, unless absolutely necessary.

So, I put her in the laundry room, with paper and when I got home, she had gone on the paper. Yahoo!

I am also wondering what will happen this winter as we get lots of snow here.
If she would go on paper, I would be thrilled as I cannot imagine getting all bundled up every time I have to take her outside.

But, I will do what is necessary as she is very much worth it.

Kate

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkees4mee
Hi, i'm new here & i was just glancing at all this potty training stuff. omg, is it reeaaally that hard to train a yorkie to pee in the right place?? R a majority of Yorkies hard to train??? I'm planning to get a YOrkie, but havent yet. AFter reading this stuff, it's kind of steering me away from getting one. ALso, does anyone kno if you can train a Yorkie to go in a kitty litter box (is that the same as doggie litter??). I have a cat, so can my cat share the same litter box as a Yorkie? One last thing, do Yorkies spray around the house like cats?? My cat seems to do that and it stinks up the house pretty bad!! PLease help!! thanks!!
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!