View Single Post
Old 08-19-2006, 03:02 PM   #8
baileysmom31
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWa
BaileysMom

I can't understand why so many people want to critize Caesar.
**** I agree that if you want to consider your dog a "little human," a "child," or "your baby," you probably don't like hearing Caesar say, "Your dog is a dog, and not a human." But, it's unfortunate that this turns so many people off to the wonderful work that he is doing. However, even if it does, I see no reason to critize him --- you can still work with your dog (child) using whatever method you want. I have often jokingly said that a lot of us shouldn't be buying books on training dogs or going to dog training classes - we should be bying books on how to raise children. Whatever works works!!!!

Carol Jean
Just wanted to clear up that I really wasn't critizing him- as I stated in the first couple of lines of my post, I think he is truly amazing. And your right- I still think his methods have merit even though I may not agree with everything he says. I posted because I found it kind of ironic how so many people on this forum talk about their dogs as children, how they dress them up, sleep with them and really treat them as a human and yet sing the Dog Whisperers praises. i had no idea what his philosophy was when I got the DVD's, just had heard that a lot of people on this forum like his show (didn't read many posts against him), so I thought I would check it out. I was just shocked at what I heard. IMO, I would think that there would be a lot of people who post on this forum who would disagree with his philosophy about a dogs place in the family. Thanks for the background info Carol Jean. It does help to frame his philosophy better.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!