Thread: shampoo find
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2004, 09:23 AM   #12
ldenise
YT 2000 Club Member

Buckeye is 4 Yrs old so his hair is different from Ahia's (still young). Ahia at this point, I think, can use about anything and not too many problems. Buckeye has a more cottony hair. His dark hair kind of looks like mine if I don't color it. LOL. (and feels like mine if I don't condition it). I started out using the kind that you get in the pet shop. "miracle coat" I think. I thought that was pretty good but still he matted so easilly. Brushing took a long time in the mornings. I hated putting him thru that ordeal. So I was on a search for something that would make it easier to brush. Also something that he wouldn't look like he needed another bath the next day. I got on line and read some of the web pages of show dogs. I kept seeing the Duurstede was good. I orders of of that also. I loved it. Still tangles tho, but less. Then I thought I would try the Pet Silk. I loved that also. I first bought the moisturizer shampoo and cond. I tried the detangler shampoo and conditioner but didn't like that as well on Buckeye. I will use that on Ahia. Like I said, she could use about anything. So with my next order I got the moisturizing again and thought I would stick with that. I still had problems with the matting but just in areas. like under his arms and places where everyone likes to tangle while petting him.(LOL)
Then ygeorge said how much she liked it and no matting. I trusted her word on it and glad I did. My husband even boasted about how nice buckeye still looks today and we are at -what- day 3? and still no matting. I think I will stick with "bless the beast" as long as it works.
Coat Handler I also hear good things about and think I will try that on Ahia when she uses up all the ones that I have bought for Buckeye. Ha Ha.
Guish I have never paid this much for my shampoo and I was a cosmetologist!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!