View Single Post
Old 08-18-2006, 02:08 PM   #3
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Unlove

Quote:
Originally Posted by GucciMyGirl
I took Gucci to surgeon today and the news I received is encouraging but at the same time very confusing and hopefully I make the right choices. Gucci definiety has liver shunt, He feels she has a external portoshunt, in which they would put the ameriod constrictor, but this surguery is very complex and he doesnt know until he is operating on her if it is one or mutliple they see one now.. There are so many complications and even death can occur with this surguery, but that is with any surguery for humans to. Even if the body accepts the constrictor they don't know if the liver will accept the increase of blood flow to the liver. In all he feels she has a better chance of living longer with the operation, he stated 85 percent as opposed to not operating ,she will get seizures and her liver will eventually cease working but he can't say when that would happen.. I am leading toward the surguery, There is much more and I can't even begin to explain, because I find it confusing myself.
Please I see the power of prayers working for Sammi, please include Gucci in your prayers for she is one little sick girl.

Thank You, Gina
Gina, I'm so sorry, There is The Terry Schumsky Fanny Mae Liver Shunt web site. This site is wonderful, as Terry was the yorkshire terrier champion for liver shunt. There is plenty of information in there to help you make the decision. Let me tell you the success stories on Liver Shunt babies far out weigh the alternative. But, one thing you must do is go back to the breeder and let them know that Gucci's parents should not be bred again. Did you have a guarantee that came with Gucci?

Prayers are with you,

Mary
Mardelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!