View Single Post
Old 05-14-2005, 09:20 AM   #1
SoCalyorkiLvr
BANNED!

Default Buddha Got Hurt!!

My daughter who is in college came home from Santa Barbara last night with her dog, Buddha. This morning I woke up to him yelping really loudly. He came running down the hallway and my daughter was still asleep. I picked him up and he kept crying. I put him down on the bed and he wouldn't stand on his left hind leg. My son said he heard a door slam and then Buddha started yelping. The guest bedroom has a door to the outside and the door was open with just the screen closed and we think this created a vacuum and slammed the main interior door to the bedroom as Buddha was going through.

He is at the vet's office now getting x-rays. They said we had to leave him for a couple of hours because they would give him a pain med to make it easier to xray and then the xrays take time so they are supposed to call us soon and let us know what the diagnosis is and when we can pick him up.

I have always been so terrified of the self closing doors like the one to the garage and I have trained my whole family to see where the dogs are before they close any door but, I am so sad that, even with all the precaution and worry and prevention this still happened. I am only glad that it was his leg (that sounds bad I know) and not his head or something more serious, I have heard horror stories about yorkies and door accidents and now it's happened to me.

I will let you know more when we get the call from the vet.

Last edited by SoCalyorkiLvr; 05-14-2005 at 09:38 AM.
SoCalyorkiLvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!