Thread: confused
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2006, 07:38 AM   #5
Lila
Yorkie Yakker

Default Pooping at night only?

I can understand your frustration; I would suggest is giving her a larger meal in the morning than the rest of the day. Carrots and green beans can add enough bulk to stimulate the bowels, without causing extra weight. You could also try 'matching' her after her breakfast, and in the afternoon/early evening.
Can you hear her in the night? If she gets restless, take her out then-getting up in the night is preferable to a dirty crate.
I have to admit, that even though I have crate-trained all my dogs, with small or young ones I have them sleep with me, or next to my bed, as I wake up as soon as they start getting restless. Or, I have kept them on a lead looped around my hand; it works the same.
If you give a large meal early in the day, take her out regularly, 'match' her if necessary for at least one bowel movement before evening, you should have some success. Otherwise, I would cut the afternoon/evening meal out completely for a few days-she won't starve-to see if she empties herself before bedtime. Some dogs just have slow digestions, like some people.
One question-what feed does she eat? It could have an effect upon her as well.
Good Luck
Lila is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!