View Single Post
Old 08-16-2006, 06:48 AM   #4
BLowry
My furkids
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettypuppypink
I am not one to start threads but here goes. I lost my Yorkie, Pixie, on July 3rd to a long battle of chronic Pancreatitis and add on two massive HGE attacks. She was healthy for the first 4 years of her life and fought a courageous battle for the last 2 years plus a few months. I have owned four Yorkies previously but many years ago. They all had long lives past 11 years. I never even heard of all the health issues that exist now. I'm still healing from my loss and know there will be another Yorkie in my future. I'm absolutely terrified of looking for one. After reading of Sammi and Gucci plus all others previously hit with awful health issues, I compiled a list of questions for my interview of breeders to pass. I have put my seach on hold because of the response to a couple of questions I asked some breeders. I wasn't concerned about cost but was surprised when a $7500. Yorkie was offered to me and hadn't been tested for liver shunt, nor none of the breeder's Dams and Sires. I wasn't going to spend that much but this breeder had other dogs that were less. I guess they were priced depending on pedigree and quality since the breeder took offense to my couple of questions and hung up on me. My next try was through e-mail, no response although the four pups are still available. I am so put off. What is one supposed to ask a breeder and expect a response when looking for a puppy?
Jessica
I am sorry to hear of your loss. I would be weary of a breeder that hung up on me and not returning my e-mails! Sounds like they don't want to tell you EVERYTHING! 7500.00 is ALOT of money for a puppy..There are alot of breeders here that can help you and lots of furbabies for sale..Just be careful with the internet..I would hate to hear you bought a puppy and paid that kind of money only to have a sick little furbaby

Good Luck
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!