View Single Post
Old 08-16-2006, 06:40 AM   #4
shecass
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fannie
My oldest sister called me late last night to tell me that they found out that our Great Grandma has cancer. Wow... it blows me away to see that in writing. She is an amazing woman. She's 89 and acts like she's 59, or has up to this point. She still mows her own yard! Goes bowling once a week, travels a lot. She's so special to us.

Last winter, she had some skin cancer on her face removed. On the 4th of July weekend, my family got together to celebrate and my oldest boy had a ball tournament that same day, so we couldn't make it. My sister noticed a big lump on Grandma's cheek, near her ear and asked her about it. She said that she thought it was one of her lymph nodes swollen because she had a cold. Well finally, my aunt convinced her to go to the dr. to get it check out. I guess it's the size of a golf ball now. The results came back yesterday that it is a very rapid growing cancer and she needs emergency surgery. If it has gone into the bone or elsewhere, they might not be able to do anything for her. If they can remove it, she will have to go through chemo and may not survive that. Being the trooper she is though, she's already planning on buying some wigs because she just couldn't go out in public without one! She's very vain! lol But this being on her face is really bothersome.

*sigh* Like I said, my heart is so heavy. I can't imagine life without her. I know we're very fortunate to have had her with us for so long. Not many people at my age still have their Great Grandma with them. If any of you can spare any extra prayers at all, I'd really appreciate it! I was laying in bed last night trying to pray for her and all I could think of was that I want God's will to be done. I don't want her to suffer period.

You are very fortunate. My great grandmother died 10 years ago but, she was 95 maybe a little older. I don't have any grandparents left. My grandmother whom I was extremely close to died from cancer 5 years ago on my birthday that's still a hard day to get through. My grandfather just passed away from a massive heart attack this past may doing exactly what he loved doing up until he died. He was on his tractor cutting hay.

That's the only way to go. He watched my grandmother lay and get sicker and sicker.

Sorry to get so morbid and off track. I will keep your grandmother in my prayers for a speedy recovery. Heck she may just surprise everyone and kick this thing and keep on going.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!