View Single Post
Old 08-14-2006, 08:46 AM   #11
Sadie's Mom
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly
I too, have a tiny with walking problem.

The breeder I had become friends with after purchasing a little girl, had told me about 'Angel Baby' soon after she was born. She weighed 1/2 oz. when born, (hard to imagine) of course they didn't think she would live more than a few hours or days but she wanted to eat and thrived. She fell totally in love with this little thing but finally realized that she didn't have the time to devote and the little thing was failing. Well, she knew that I have no children, don't work outside the home, and could watcher her 24/7. When I brought her home she was 9 mos old and 1.1 lb. She could take one or two steps and fall. After all the tests and xrays, her spine was fine and the Dr. said it is in the cerebrial area of the brain. Basically,she has cerebrial palsy. We really didn't think she would live more than a month when we got her but ALAA! She is doing wonderfully. She can do this little drunken walk/run for a good 10 feet now!! She eats like a little piggy, and has the BEST little personality. She has just reached 2 lbs this last week although I think that might be a couple oz of hair. She has a beautiful, thick silk coat. She loves the outside and getting through the grass has been excellent exercise for her. She however, cannot walk on any smooth surface such as tile, or hardwood floors. So, I keep towels laid down for her in an area around her kennel and cushions. She is also good about going on her pee pad.

Angel Baby has been a blessing for me. I hope she will live many years. She turned a year June 9.
would love to see a picture of her!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!