View Single Post
Old 08-13-2006, 05:33 PM   #1
blondflava
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Cry Puppy on IV after Lepto....

my little boy had his Lepto shot Saturday around 10 AM. (I did some research and was a little sceptical about it but the vet was really encouraging it). He seemed kinda ok the first few hours, really sleepy, then about 2 PM he started having diarrhea (mucus looking). Called the vet and brought him in, kept hearing it was just still a mild reaction, they checked his gums, temperature and gave Benadryl. The vet said he was going to be ok, that it still mild, as the severe one would be constant vomitting and diarrhea. Took JJ home and was watching him closely, he even ate a little and drank some water. Went to sleep, about 3 AM woke up and started vomitting... 3 times. But after getting some water and Nutrical about 5 AM went back to sleep. I woke up at 8 to check on him and my heart stopped.... He was just laying there, motionless, pooped right next to him, when I tired to get him to stand up he was so week wouldn't stand on his own. Eyes half open, really lethargic. Got my husband up, we washed the poor baby and started giving him water and Nutrical with syringe, wouldnt even open his mouth otherwise... Kept calling vets in the area, trying to find place that's open, the clinic that administered that d*** shot was closed... Brought him to a different vet, got address of ER clinic here in Queens and got there. By that time he was doing a little better, reacting to his name but still could barely stand on his own... Had to leave my baby there overnight, they're doing IV to rid his tiny body out of toxins, so far he 's doing fine, I've called them every few hours. Just praying he'll be ok tomorrow morning, I miss him bad... Please pray for my baby boy....
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!