View Single Post
Old 08-13-2006, 11:19 AM   #1
pauldo
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Should a dead puppy be considered a litter?

I recently posted a thread about whether I should be able to negotiate my female's stud contract (after being hung up on a stud owner after I suggested a lower stud fee since their stud had not been proven). Anyways yt members let me know that is O.k to discuss contract details. Thanks. Not being able to find a stud in this area, I have found a stud owner in B.C., Canada that is providing chilled semen. In her contract she had a few clauses that I wasn't comfortable with and approached her cautiously (remembering how I was hung up on last time I had done this). Linda was wonderful and fair and we came to terms that we were both comfortable with.

One clause she had was "one puppy born alive or DEAD constitutes a litter".
I remember in my last thread that yt members had different views on this. I expressed my concerns to Linda: how devastating it would be to have only one dead puppy born (and then lose your money and no chance for a return stud service), and in all fairness how could it be argued that a dead puppy is a litter? Anyways she discussed this with the co-ower of the stud and they decided that I had valid points and that it is not fair to label a dead puppy a litter-- they have changed their contract (and tell me they will leave it like that for others) to now read "one puppy born alive constitutes a litter".

Anyways I thought I would mention this for consideration for those who have contracts or come across contracts that view a dead puppy as a litter.
pauldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!