View Single Post
Old 08-12-2006, 09:08 PM   #3
Baby Blessing
Our Blessings R Many
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougal&Little
Cor blimey! It was a fairly big one too! Dixie did her bit by "Grrrr"-ing at the shaking (very reassuring). Everytime it happens I think "OMG I haven't updated the survival kit What if this is the "big one"". And then as soon as it's over I forget all about it! (At least I've just bought kibble so the pets'll all be ok for the next 6-8 weeks!)

There's a website that monitors these things and I took a screen dump of the squiggly graph thing. You can definitely see SOMETHING happened!

Here's a link to some info on the actual quake. It was 5.9 on the richter scale! http://www.geonet.co.nz/latest.html It was a bit south of where I live. I live in Wellington which is at the very bottom of the North Island.
Oh those are so scarey, gosh that is strong shaker we know what you are feeling. Did Dixie start growling just before the shaking? We always found ours started barking just before the shaking started and also our African Grey Parrot would go bizerk in its cage. Hope there is no injuries. Do you know the center of it?
Baby Blessing is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!