View Single Post
Old 08-11-2006, 09:26 PM   #7
SnowWa
YT 2000 Club Member

I have had both male and female dogs all my life. And - they have all gotten along very well.

Assuming that all male dogs have different temperments and personalities and all female dogs have different temperments and personalities -- it really depends on the dogs involved more than it does on what sex they are.

My female little mixed breed and my male Bichon were best friends.... I had to put her to sleep and got a little male Yorkie and now the two little boys are best friends.

My pets (males and females) are all neutered and spayed - so, I am sure this might be part of the reason that they all get along so well.

EXCEPT - my little Yorkie (11 months old) hasn't been neutered yet - and he loves any and every dog he meets ---as does my little neutered Bichon.

There is a rule at my house - "If you can't get along with everyone, you can't live here!" We are a real laid back, easy going family, and fighting just isn't allowed. I may sound like I'm kidding, but from the very get-go --- my pets are not allowed to be mean or aggressive toward any other pet. It really is "just not allowed."

Good luck!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!