View Single Post
Old 08-11-2006, 02:05 PM   #5
RLC12345678
I heart Hootie & Hobbs

I would DEFINATELY consider switching foods. Both my yorkies, like MOST yorkies, are allergic to corn...I was feeding the Purina Pro Plan at first. But I switched to Chicken Soup (which has NO corn in it) and their dry skin went away like magic! (Well, it took about a month to really see results.) Go to www.chickensoupforthepetloverssoul.com and check it out. It is VERY reasonably priced...$7-8 for a 6 lbs bag. Here is a list of retailers in Alabama:
http://www.chickensoupforthepetlover...s.php?state=AL

I would also start bathing them in Oatmeal shampoo and use conditioner. I use the Seargent's flea shampoo, too, but the one I use is Oatmeal flea and tick shampoo and I follow up with Head & Shoulders conditioner. You can also try the Head & Should stuff that you squirt on them after a bath and leave it on. It's called Soothing gel or something?? My parents' use this on their yorkie with really dry skin and it works wonders!!!! I would try all these things first and see how they feel in a month. If their skin is STILL dry, you might want to consider supplementing their food with something like Missing Link. I also use this. It has Omega fatty acids in it and it really has done wonders on my yorkies' skin and coats. It is little granuals that you sprinkle on their food. It is also inexpensive...$10 for a 3 month supply. Let me know if you need more info on the MIssing LInk and I'll send you the link of where I buy it.
RLC12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!