View Single Post
Old 08-11-2006, 01:55 PM   #4
melissarenat
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLC12345678
Awwwww...poor little girl. Her skin and hair look really dry. My first guess would be allergies or maybe just plain ole' dry skin. What kind of food are you feeding her? A lot of yorkies are allergic to corn, which is in a whole lot of dog foods. Maybe you could try switching her food to something like Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul or Merricks. My parents' yorkie is 7 and her skin and coat don't look like this. This is what makes me think it isn't old age and it is something else.

P.S. -- Welcome to YorkieTalk, fellow Alabamian!

hi ^^
o.kiee. well the food i feed my male is purina kibbles mini chunks. (and i read the ingredients- ground yellow corn) i feed my female Pedigree's little champions (which i just read has dried corn) but both my of them switch bowls from time to time... and i did talk to my step dad about switching to another brand. i had no idea Both had corn! makes me feel aweful that i could be the cause of their irritation.
as far as the dry hair i wash them in Sergeant's Gold. flea and tick shampoo for dogs and puppies. and sometimes when they scratch too much i use relief shampoo the vet gave TJ when he had allergies real bad - its got pramoxine hcl and colloidal oatmeal for temporary relief of itching discomfort and omega 6 fatty acids for dermal renourishing...

Last edited by melissarenat; 08-11-2006 at 01:59 PM.
melissarenat is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!