View Single Post
Old 08-11-2006, 09:12 AM   #7
sashajade
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Yorkie Mom
yes, it does happen more than people realize. We had a peke from 6 week old to 6 years old, someone stole her. She lived about 5 miles away. Then we had an ad in the paper with a reward for her. We didnt say how much of a reward. Then when the paper came out this girl called me from another town about 50 miles away and said she might have my dog. I said where is he now, can I come see if its him and where did she find him. She said she heard him under her house a couple of nights ago and she brought him in, but today she was at her sister in laws house at the other town as they were going shopping. But told me I could come there. So me and a friend (hubby was at work) drove all the way over and sure enough it was my dog. So they were all dressed waiting for me so they could go on with their shopping trip. So I knew something was strange. I pulled out a 10 dollar bill and handed it to her and thanked her after I had Lucky in my arms and we left. She looked so strange like she thought, damn is that all the reward. I know she had to steal him. There was no way Lucky could of gotten 5 miles away from our house in all the traffic when he was kept inside except to go potty or play with the kids. he may have gotten over to the street behind us or some place and they picked him up. And apparently she didnt want us to know where she actually lived. Anyway, a few months later, Lucky was missing again. We looked everywhere, put up posters everywhere and ran another ad, We never did get him back. Hubby looked for that dog everywhere we went after that for years and one day we were going some place, we had to go thru that town 5 miles away and he and I both swear it was lucky crossing the street going over to a park across the street. But we couldnt just stop and pick him up with people all around and no proof he was ours with us. Hubby said, well he probably wouldnt remember us after that long and he looked old and just like lucky would of been and wasnt walking too good. But we know in our hearts it was him. wonder if that same gal picked him up again later.
that must of been horrible, maybe she did.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!