View Single Post
Old 08-11-2006, 05:26 AM   #8
TLC
Slave to My Rug-Rats
Donating Member

Smile

I had battled the same thing with TJ. Tons of fecal tests (nothing), deworming again to be sure (nothing). Metronidazole (Flagyl Rx) - Did nothing for him. IVD diet (duck & potato) BETTER. Finally did some blood work and it should he had a high level of bacterial overgrowth somewhere in his small intestines. The Vet gave me Tylan Powder to put in TJ's food every morning. THAT WAS THE TRICK! He has not had an episode since November 2005. We started the Tylan in October 2005, everyday, just a pinch - seriously the TINIEST amount. It cost about $17.00 and I still have SO MUCH LEFT. TJ is so much better, he can eat anything, so we are back on regular food. I have been weaning him off of the Tylan Powder. He takes it every 6th day now. The Vet says thats GREAT. He said that Tylan is NOT HARMFUL - it is ok for them. In fact, even if TJ has to be on it forever, its ok. B/c even though he is doing good with not having it everyday now, he might flare up again later in life and we might have to be more agressive with the Tylan once again.
I would definately ask your Vet about Tylan Powder. TJ went from horrible to WONDERFUL...Not more pain, no more mucus, no more vomiting. Seriously this stuff is amazing!!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!