View Single Post
Old 08-10-2006, 10:54 AM   #4
ferragame
Senior Yorkie Talker

Exactly as stated above.

We started breeding Yorkies after we received our 1st one (Samantha) under a "breeder's contract". The breeder has been breeding/showing Yorkies for about 25 years and is a good friend of my wife. We spoke to her about breeding and she was actually excited to help. The original contract was that Samantha would have two to three more litters than be altered and given to us.

Well, she GAVE us samantha as a gift with the only stipulation was that Samantha have one more litter for her and then, with her assistance, we would start breeding Samantha. Sam only had 3 puppies in that litter. She then GAVE us Adalaid Lane from Samantha's litter as ANOTHER gift.

So now we have two females and her assistance - in finding potential buyers, showing, and information on betting the breed. We now work with a small group of breeders and use their males for stud service.

In return, I am assisting them with website development (look for it soon - www.spoilemrotten.com - doggie clothes, supplies, etc) and computer related questions. Its a great relationship.

We are truly blessed to be so lucky and enjoy great friends and colleagues. We are 100% committed to breeding the best Yorkies possible - no "teacups", "tiny" or "littles" here. It saddens me to see other "breeders" advertise things like that - for them its all about the money. I've learned so much over the past few years and continue to try and learn everything I can about such a wonderful beautiful breed.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!