View Single Post
Old 08-10-2006, 08:10 AM   #6
Bama Yorkie Mom
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajungal
If she does not get her appetite soon, we will take her to the vet. It could be her teeth too. Because she has some odd teeth growing behind the other. We wanted to get her spayed right at 6 months but the problem is coming up with the money. She won't get pregnant though because she is our only dog and she stays inside. The only time she goes out is on a leash with us in the backyard. We will get her spayed as soon as my mom or I can come up with the money. She is still playing and does not act like anything is wrong.
could it be the heat? My puppies are not eating as well either. Some days Kizzy wont eat but maybe once a day and then its only about half as much as she would normally eat at once. My vet did tell me the hot weather does effect their appetite. So as long as she has good energy and plays I would try to just add a little something she dont normally get in her food. One day after Kizzy had done that for a few days and hadnt eaten all day, i mixed about less than 1/3 little can of pottied meat in her food and maybe that got her appetite going because she at all her food and later that day she ate all her food again with out adding anything in it. Seems like mine are eating in spurts but they play and run and do not seem to be lacking in energy. Also I gave Kizzy some nutrical which maggie is taking per dr advice because of the coccidia. and that seemed to have perked up her appetite to eat her regular food also. My vet said a dog will not lay there and starve to death if there is food there for them. Some times I wonder if they get tired of the same old, same old.

Last edited by Bama Yorkie Mom; 08-10-2006 at 08:13 AM.
Bama Yorkie Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!