View Single Post
Old 08-10-2006, 06:37 AM   #1
chaki
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Help!! My Yorkie Won't Stop Peeing!!!

I just adopted a 9 yr. old yorkie from a rescue, who BTW is my 1st dog. Poor Jack was taken to be vet to be out to sleep (for reasons unknown). The vet instead had the owner surrender Jack instead of put him down. So Jack spent a month living at the vet's office, then a month at his foster mom's and I just adopted him Saturday. He is supposed to be housebroken BUT he isn't acting that way!!!!!
Day 1-As soon as he came to my place, I took him for a nice 30 minute walk. He didn't pee. We walked into my condo and he proceeded to pee on my carpet.
Day 2- That afternoon, took him for a walk, he peed outside. Came inside and he peed in the same spot AGAIN 30 min. later. I scrubbed that spot and sprayed w/ vinegar and water. That evening, I took him for another walk, peed outside, came inside and he peed in my kitchen an hour later. Scrubbed that spot and then sprayed w/ vinegar and water.
Day 3- Took him for a nice walk that evening, he peed outside. An hour later he pees in the same spot in my kitchen. Repeat scrubbing and vinegar and water.
Day 4-This morning he wakes up walks right past me and pees in my kitchen in the spot OVER from where he'd been peeing before. He does this right in front of me while I'm yelling "NO!" And then goes back to bed easy as you please.
All the times he's peed after our walks, I've been nearby. He never lets me know he has to go out, he just pees! I know hes been through a lot in the past months but if he's housebroken WHY is he doing this? Is it behavioral? Or is he just not housebroken?
I'll have to crate him - but does anyone have any ideas of the source of his behavior?????
chaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!