View Single Post
Old 08-09-2006, 11:53 PM   #19
Kathryn_V
Out to Spoil the World!
Donating Member

buy him a big box of condoms and wish him well!!!

I know how bad that sounds.... But My first husband and I met while he was in collage... he dropped out to be with me.... (Stupid!!!!) and we got knocked up right quick like!!! lol Two kids in our own place! we were like rabbits! and then we got married when I was 6 months pregnant!!! Those were some classy pictures!!! Stayed married long enough to get Pregnant with our son... and 6 weeks into that Pregnancy.... I filed for DIVORCE! We were all wrong! and the funny thing was... we both know it the day we got married! lol But we were KIDS! We weren't going to admit that to our family... we figured what the hell... How stupid were we????

The bright side here is that when I divorced his butt... he ran back home to mom... She took him in and loved him... never once saying "I told you so!" She put him back in collage and he has his masters now and he also met the most amazing woman... who after 5 years of dating and two years of me nagging him to propose!!! He married last month!! And all is right in the world!

The important thing was how she took him back!!!

The bad part was how she drove him away! All the don't you dare's and the you'll be sorry's... He showed her! He was determined to make it work... Just to prove her wrong!

It sucks... I'm so sorry... I hope that everything works out for you guys... its a new relationship... they all are "the One" for the first 6 months... He may be back sooner than you think!!! Just don't make him want to prove you guys wrong!!! Be as supportive as you can be... You don't have to pack his lunch for the trip and throw him a going away party! but just don't make him feel like he's failed, or that you were "RIGHT" if things don't work out for him out there... it makes it much easier to come home.... I know that its not easy!!! Good luck with your husband... Hopefully you'll be armed with some good advice here to pass on to him.... (warning him might not be a bad idea... just so you son does not get the "you'll screw your life up" speech... If he's that kind of dad... Mine was)

I'll be thinking of you!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!