View Single Post
Old 08-09-2006, 06:00 PM   #12
YorkieGuru
Donating YT 500 Club Member

first of all congrats on the new baby. You will get all kinds of opinions on everything from potty training to what kind of dog food to use. It all kinda depends on YOUR dog. I have always crate trained my dogs, but I take em outside to potty. My 4 month old girl is doing great (better than I expected.)She has a few accidents from time to time, but has been holding it all night for almost 2 weeks.
When I got my very first puppy, my vet told me to leave the puppy downstairs since it will whine all night. And to not let it have much room in the crate as someone else had allready commented. But I couldnt do that. I felt bad for the puppy. So I allowed him to have more room and he still did great at potty training. Anyways, my point is each and every dog I have owned has been different. Maybe you'll be able to tell when you bring him home as to how he is gonna be.
Honestly, I think you'll do just fine. You're gonna fall head over heels in love with your baby. Just make sure to remember what it's like to have a puppy as they do grow very fast. Good luck to ya and can't wait to see pics.....
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!