View Single Post
Old 08-09-2006, 09:49 AM   #1
Zoiesmom11
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Breeders and those knowledgeable about color, texture

Zoie is 7 months old. She has what I think is wooly hair, it's very thick and poufy. The only thing that makes it lay down is lots of conditioner. Even then, it doesn't lay like a silky. Her black is intermingled with tan and she doesn't have the tan face that alot of yorkies have on here. She still has lots of black. The top of her head looks sooty.
I'm trying to learn about proper color and texture and in doing so have decided that she isn't "standard." I'm not breeding her because of this and because she's under 5 pounds (she weighs under 3 1/2 now). She's been spayed, so I'm just wanting opinoins about what she will look like as an adult, will her color ever take on the blue sheen or will she be black and tan forever. When she was a baby her black had the blue sheen to it, but that's when she had the puppy silky coat at very very young.
According to the info posted here, this is my guess of her as an adult: "A puppy approaching adulthood with a thick heavy coat that has pale cream colored legs, sooty head colors, with intermingled black hairs in tan at sides of hear and on the ear and ear fringes, may as an adult diminish some of these black and sooty hairs. Its desired blue area may eventually achieve a transition from black to grey but it will never have a clear golden tan, or a dark steel-blue. The coat texture is either a wooly or cottony."
What do you think?
Zoiesmom11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!